The Chatham-Kent Police Service responded to 156 calls for service in the last 24 hours. Eight people were arrested, four being on warrants.
Men arrested for Breach of Court order/Facilitate – CK23063949/3958
On December 15th, at 6:00pm, two brothers were found intoxicated around a bonfire in the Black Bridge area. One of the brothers was on a Peace Bond with a condition not to communicate with his brother. The 43 year old male was arrested and charged with disobey court order while his 46 year old brother was charged with facilitating a breach. Both were released on a future court date.
Male arrested for Impaired Driving – CK23063953
At 6:12pm, as a result of a collision on Charring Cross Rd, police believed the 28 year old male driver was found to be impaired by alcohol. He was arrested and transported to HQ for breath tests. The male was charged with impaired driving and having a blood alcohol level exceeding the legal limit and was released on a future court date.
Make the Right Call – Every Call is Important!
False 911 calls are continuing to pull officers away from incidents that require their attention.
911 is to be used for:
- Any life-threatening emergency
- Reporting crimes in progress
- Medical emergencies requiring an ambulance
- Reporting any Fire, Smoke or CO alarm, chemical spill or gas leak
When you call 911, stay on the line until a call taker answers. Do not hang up.
You can also reach Chatham-Kent Police at the following Non-Emergency Numbers…
- Call 519-352-1234 extension #9– Our Dispatch Centre for all non-emergency incidents.
- Call 519-352-1234 extension #0 – The Front Desk Officer for advice over the phone.
- Call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) – Crime Stoppers. If you have information on a crime and wish to remain anonymous. You may be eligible for a cash reward.
If you are looking for resources from the Municipality of Chatham-Kent, you can dial 311.
If you are looking for resources from Community and Social Services locally, you can dial 211.