Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a police officer, firefighter or paramedic?
First Responders from across Chatham-Kent are giving children between the ages of 12 & 13 the opportunity to find out!
Camp Sirens will motivate young people to be outstanding citizens through emergency services education. Targeting students before high school, this program is a first responder academy for young people. Our children are the community leaders of tomorrow. We want to instil an appreciation and respect for first responders and their role in society.
Participants in Camp Sirens will get an up-close look at life as a first responder. Events include:
- Swearing-in as an honourary member
- Tour of CKPS, OPP, CKFES and EMS headquarters
- Critical Incident Response Team presentation
- K9 presentation (if available)
- Traffic Services and Safety presentation
- Crime Scene Management
- Exploring fire trucks and equipment
- Rolling fire hoses and spraying water
- Introduction to First Aid and CPR
- EMS vehicle and equipment tour
- Graduation Ceremony and Barbeque
- Be 12 or 13 years of age by July 23, 2018
- Reside in Chatham-Kent
- Have an interest in emergency services
Things You Need to Know:
- There is no cost – lunch and snacks will be provided daily
- Transportation to and from the camp is the responsibility of the parent/guardian
- The Chatham-Kent Police Service reserves the right to select candidates
Applications for Camp Sirens 2018 are no longer being accepted. Thank you everyone for your interest. Successful applicants will be notified.