The Chatham-Kent Police Service believes in delivering service excellence to the citizens of Chatham-Kent and keeping them informed about events and news. In March 2009 the Public Information Officer’s position was created and is designed to:
- Advise on matters relating to media, community, public and government relations
- Advise on policy and strategy relating to public affairs and marketing communications
- Develop corporate policy, objectives and standards for media relations
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate internal and external communication strategies encompassing media, community, public and government relations
- Monitors public attitude as it relates to the Chatham-Kent Police Service
- Creative website design and information management.
The Public Information Officer is the public voice of the Chatham-Kent Police Service and provides information to the various media outlets and facilitates the dissemination of information to the citizens that we serve. Since March 2009, this office has provided information on over 1000 events on subjects ranging from police activities to crime prevention and safety messages.
Media Relations Contact:
Constable Kelly Helbin
Public Information Officer
*Hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For after-hours media inquiries please contact the Staff Sergeant on-duty at 519-436-6600 extension 626.
Behind the Badge
Do you have a question about the Chatham-Kent Police Service? You can now email us at email@example.com to ask us whatever you want about what we do, the services we provide, and any legislation. Please allow time for an officer to respond to your question. Depending on the number of questions people submit, there may be a delay in responding to you inquiry.