The Chatham-Kent Police Service believes in delivering service excellence to the citizens of Chatham-Kent and keeping them informed about events and news. In March 2009 the Public Information Officer’s position was created and is designed to:
- Advise on matters relating to media, community, public and government relations
- Advise on policy and strategy relating to public affairs and marketing communications
- Develop corporate policy, objectives and standards for media relations
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate internal and external communication strategies encompassing media, community, public and government relations
- Monitors public attitude as it relates to the Chatham-Kent Police Service
- Creative website design and information management.
The Public Information Officer is the public voice of the Chatham-Kent Police Service and provides information to the various media outlets and facilitates the dissemination of information to the citizens that we serve.
Media Relations Contact:
Constable Renee Cowell
Public Information Officer
Hours: Monday to Friday 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
For media inquiries after-hours, please contact the on-duty Watch Commander at 519-436-6600 extension 626.